Sunday, January 12, 2014

What a great quilting weekend...

What a great retreat weekend here in Alabama...
For starters, I finished quilting the new Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt, Celtic Solstice.  This is a finish for me and I am so excited.  The quilting design is a free handed meandering flower.  I think it's pretty cute.  Most of these pieces where cut using the Acccuquilt GO! Fabric system.


Next, I finished a snowball quilt top for an upcoming class that I will be teaching in earlier February.  Need to figure out backing and get this one quilted quickly.

Then for the joy of my weekend, on the Sewitsforsale group, I purchased some pattern for the adoption call, or Cabbage Patch doll, for my sweet little granddaughter.  I finished one of them this weekend and she was so excited.  We then went to the dollar store and bought some baby clothes (yep, I said bought, I have no desire to make those).  I don't think she has put the doll down for more than a few minutes since I finished it.  She is4, by the way,  and such a blessing.
 

Also pieced 10 more blocks for the string quilt, and like the rest of you, my bucket is not emptying at all.  That makes a total of 50 squares, but I plan to make a Roman String so that means 100 half-square triangles.  I think I have enough.  I will use my AccuQuilt to cut these as well.  I will cut the string blocks and the solid using my 6" half square triangle die.  Can't wait.
Thinking of adding this as a class soon.  Not sure if it would be more of a "sew in" instead of a class.  We'll see!

And last, work on my sweet daughter in laws double wedding ring.  A slow project that I just work on a little bit at a time.  If only the piecing went as fast as the cutting.
For me, it was a nonstop weekend.  I only have two more weekends that my guys will be hunting and after that, I will slow down a little bit.  Gonna take full advantage of the last two.
Remember you can shop with us at www.stitchesnstories.com for all your AccuQuilt needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment