Thursday, December 5, 2013

Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt

I am so excited... For the past two years I have wanted to do one of Bonnie Hunters Mystery Quilt Project.  This is the year that I am finally going to make it.
Her mystery pattern is design so you can use templates, paper piecing, GO! Dies, inklingo, and/or a combination of all.  Each Friday a new clue is released for piecing.  No idea what the outcome will be.
I am waiting on my new dies from AccuQuilt to come in because of course that is the method I've chosen but I did make a little progress this week.
I got my binder ready and fabric picked out (although I might rethink them).  :). Ok, so that isn't really any sewing progress but it's still progress.  Dies should be here tomorrow along with a new clue, so we know what I will be doing this weekend.

You can see other projects by other quilters at the weekly link up at http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2013/12/celtic-solstice-mystery-monday-link-up-1.html

Want to get the dies to make this quilt, www.shop.stitchesnstories.com!

Now, let's GO! quilting!


5 comments:

  1. I love your binder. I wish I was as organized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi... I am actually very unorganized and that is why I have to do things like binders. Otherwise, I would be spread out all over the house and not find my pages. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the binder idea a lot!. I think what I am seeing in the picture is the color cards cut into individual colors, but not sure what they are next to because your colors are black red and white in the fabrics. I would love some details on how you are organizing this binder. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Susan, The page was printed from inklingo.com. She has a PDF that she shared that showed the colors that Bonnie was using and on the right side what she is using. I just printed that page and replaced "her colors" with my colors. That way when Bonnie says "blue" I know what I am suppose to use.
      If I didn't do that, I would be completely lost. :)
      After the first page is just the "printer friendly" pages on Bonnie's site. I LOVE putting things in sheet protectors because you can use dry erase markers and write on the page and erase it. This is how I keep count of what I've cut. (You want to use the heave sheet protectors if you have to buy them, if you have some just use them.)
      Hope that helps... If you have additional questions, I am happy to help and share.

      Delete
  3. From looking at other blogs, the die-cutting method seems cut down the amount of time needed by a huge amount. I see from your "chain ironing" post that you got to that stage quickly. Enjoy your first mystery!

    ReplyDelete