Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Simple Way I Stay Organized With My Quilt Projects

Like most quilters I am usually working on numerous projects at the same time.  At one point I felt I was spinning in circles and not finishing anything personal.  (Customer quilts always take priority and usually have a deadline.)

So I started making a project list which just seemed unending. It was just a word document and a list.  At this point I just felt like I as adding to the list daily and not removing anything.  :). 

A quilter friend showed a picture of her board one day (not sure who) and I thought it was an excellent idea and kids tweaked it to work for me.

 
It's just a simple dry erase board.  I use the right hand corner for the projects I want to accomplish this week.  I don't shoot myself if I miss one but it keeps my priorities up front and in focus.  The left hand side (not shown) I use when cutting fabric to track how many I need and what I've already cut.

Hope this helps you in some way.  I'd love to hear how you stay on top of your projects!

Now, lets GO! quilting.

1 comment: