Friday, November 28, 2014

Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt - Grand Illusion - Has Begun...

If you are a Bonnie Hunter fan, well today is the day you have been waiting for.  The first clue if the mystery quilt is out and we are ready to get started.

I have already finished cutting the first clue thanks to my AccuQuilt GO!  If you have the cutter, you already have the basic die for this clue.  It is 2-1/2" half square triangles and 2-1/2" squares, both are on your value die that came with your cutter.  You can also purchase them separately to get more pieces cut with each pass.  (55001 & 55059)


Now to get these pieces sewn together in the units Bonnie instructed.

For more information and details on Bonnie's Mystery Quilt, go to her blog.  This is something she offers for free every year and I am very appreciative for that.

Well, now that cutting is finished, I am back to quilting for my wonderful customers until I take my next break.  :)

Here are my first units COMPLETE!  WooHoo!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful units. The Go Cutter would make quick work of those squares. I can feel the excitement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhoda, the GO! cutter makes a huge difference. I had all pieces cut in about 30 minutes. :)
      I have the cutters on sale for $199.99 if you are interested in one just let me know.

      Delete
  2. Looking good, love mystery time of year!

    ReplyDelete